Sunday, March 15, 2015

I AM IN A NEW AREA AND HAVE A NEW COMP!

PEREZ FAMILY



GREAT ELDERS
MUSTANG!




 As for the cold, its fine now that I have my BATMAN SNUGGIE!!    We have 2 space heaters in the apartment but we really only need to use one at a time and only for a little bit in the mornings.  It is supposed to warm up quite a bit after this month.  From April to May its around 30 C  (86 F) and then from May to August around 37 to 43 C (98 to 109 F).  So we are going to be pretty hot soon enough, I want the cold...We have a few weird fruits here but they are grown in the southern part of Mexico, not in Monterrey.  My Spanish is probably around 55% now.  I still struggle with some conjugations but I just need to work on my vocabulary now.  The people are very nice here for the most part.  Even if they don't want to listen to us they will give us a little time to hear our message before they say no. 



NICE CAR

MAKING PIZZA


 
FOUND A SUSHI PLACE.




ELDER KLEMETSON AND ME
We otherwise had a good week, we found 3 new investigators and have reactivated the V*****a family.  They are a great family and I'm glad that I met them.  We have been trying to focus on contacting more people as the goal is about 100 people a week and we have only been doing around 65, so we are going to be putting our efforts into talking to more people.  Today is also the first day of a new cambio (transfer).  So I may be going to a new area tomorrow.  I don't think I will be but it is possible. I will be sad to leave this area, I like the members and the people here are very friendly. 

ELDER MORALES AND ME (MY COMP BEFORE I LEFT)
FROM THE PEREZ FAMILY!

VERY NICE GIFT FROM THE PEREZ FAMILIA

I am in a new area, Colinas A in Hausteca. It's in the mountains this time so I am walking up and down the mountain all the time now, so I will be glad to be back home if only to get away from the mountains.  But it is very pretty here in the morning with all the mountains on the other side of the valley highlighted in the sunlight while our area is still in the shadow of the mountain.  I will send pics next week.

My new companion is Elder Humiston, from San Diego, California.  He has 7 brothers and sisters and has been to most of Europe for his parent's jobs.  We get along just fine.  As for food, I keep a little notebook with me in my house where I record any recipes or foods I have that I like, I have about 9 recipes right now so I will have a few things to share with you guys when I come home.  As for miracles, I have seen people quit addictions of 20+ years in weeks, I have seen part member families that are now preparing to be sealed for eternity in the temple, and I have seen myself growing in the gospel.  This week, my favorite person would have to be my companion. He is a good teacher and is very engaged in talking to everyone so it's a good match for us since I am still working on the talking to everyone part. 

MAKING PIZZA'S
THANKS FOR THE LETTERS!
Thank you to everyone that writes.  I don't always have time to write back but believe me when I say your letters are VERY much appreciated!  

YEP THIS IS WHAT WE WALK IN.


No comments:

Post a Comment