Sunday, September 27, 2015

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! SENOR BANDY

SENOR BANDY
I can't believe its been one year now .  Sometimes it feels longer and other days shorter.


WE TEACH LARGE AND SMALL.  
We had a good week.  We taught our new people and had some success with these investigators.  We didn't find anyone new but we are trying.  The weather was super hot until Thursday when it FINALLY RAINED!  After that, its been around 80  degrees which feels positively cool compared to the 95 degrees we had before hand.  It gets dark around 8:10ish here, but the sun is behind the mountains around 7:30ish which is nice, that thing is so much stronger here in Mexico than it is at home.  We are in at 9:00 PM no matter the time of the year or week. 

I have not seen too much architecture, but that is more because I am not in the center of the city or one of the richer neighborhoods.  I have seen small details I like in architecture but not a lot of actual buildings that I like, even the ones that my comps try to compliment are so-so.   This area is really into the isolationist mindset. The people go to work, come home, eat, sleep, repeat, and might say good morning to someone if they happen to make eye contact.  They have a hard life and it is sad to see how routine their life is.  

Best/Worst Part:   Okay, Best part of the week would probably be when we found an inactive family this week that we didn't even know was here.  And they are super excited to see us so I think we can help them come back..  Worst part, probably that we didn't manage to find anyone new to teach, but that's not that big a problem at the moment, it just means we have to keep working this next week.  
LOTS AND LOTS OF DOGS HERE.
Best/Worst Food:  Probably the best this week was the lentejas, mashed potatoes, spaghetti, and breaded beef.  Don't ask me how to do it or what it is, Justin can supply that much I think.  There normally isn't bad food here.  I haven't had anything I didn't like in the area so I will say no worst parts.

YUMMMMM
FINALLY SOME ICE CREAM














THEY HAVE BIG PIZZA HUT PIZZAS





















Thank you to those that email or write.  I got a letter from the Grimms!  It's great hearing from family but it is nice to hear from somebody different too.  

LETTER FROM THE GRIMMS
Just a little lesson:  The principle of free agency is my own ability to make choices.  Free agency is our right to choose between right and wrong.  God will not interfere with our choices or other people's agency.  We need to not ask God why He allowed someone to do something wrong, but we should know they made the choice to do so.  But we also need to remember that our choices always bring consequences.  We have to decide if we want good or bad consequences in our life.  This is called being responsible and it is something so many in the world try to avoid.   Joseph Smith said, "I teach them correct principles, and they govern themselves."

Thanks for all the prayers.

THE DISTRICT



THE DISTRICT

No comments:

Post a Comment