Sunday, August 30, 2015

MY NEW AREA IS.....

I am now in San Nicolas. It is really far from my other area, about 2 hours away.  It is small as well, I can walk the area in about 35 mins and my other area was over an hour.  My new companion is Elder Ortega.  He is 19 and from Honduras.  He has about 3 months in the mission now.  Which means I am mayor (senior companion).  It is weird being the more experienced one in the area now.  I still don't know anything about the area or the people but I can see that the ward is a lot smaller here than my other ones as well.  Oh well, more work for us I guess.


Before I left, we also Baptized F***a!  After 3 months of teaching she finally decided!  It is mostly thanks to Hma. J***a that she made the decision.  Every week, she would go pick up F***a, take her to the church, help her take care of B***o, take her with her to go shopping so they could spend time together, and a plethora of other activities.  We gave her the knowledge, but the spirit and the Hma´s help gave her the desire.

I am more confident with my Spanish.  I just need to work more on my vocabulary.  Everyone here works 10-12 hour days in Mexico... They are a very hard working bunch of people.  This week we also had a lot of missionaries that finished their 2 years.  My first companion went home.  








No comments:

Post a Comment