Sunday, November 29, 2015

NEW TITLE...NEW JOB...NEW COMPANION

MY ENGLISH CLASS.
I just got a new job in my mission.  I am now a trainer.  I am so excited about this.  My new companion is from Veracruz, Mexico.  He is 18 years old and I am old!!!!!  His name is Elder Montero.  He is going to do a great job.  He is very enthusiastic.  After living in a Frat house, I am used to different personalities and problems.  I am grateful that I always had to share a small room with my brother. It prepared me for this and for college.  I'm still teaching English.


THREE GREAT FAMILIES!

LOVE CHEESE AND SAUSAGE FROM HOME.





THE DISTRICT

IVY AND FAMILY.

THE ZONE!
I am used to being with someone all the time and sharing small spaces.  My childhood prepared me in so many ways for this.

We had a baptism this week.  It was an elderly man getting baptized and an elderly man doing the baptizing.  The elderly man getting baptized wasn't sure if the other man was going to be able to lift him out of the water.  He did struggle bringing him up out of the water but there is a bond there that is very special.

Something funny that happened to me this week was when we were talking to this lady and I told her that I loved tamales.  I didn't know that she made them for a living.  I left her house with 3 bags of tamales.  


TAMALE WRAPPED IN BANANA LEAF. YUMMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment