Monday, October 20, 2014

FIRST YES TO SUCCESS AND ROOT BEER!

This week was fun. We began teaching a new investigator, Brian Meza, on Monday and the lessons with him have been amazing. We taught him the restoration, the plan of salvation, and about prayer, faith, and the Holy Ghost so far. We also invited him to be baptized on Tuesday and he said yes! I also received a nice surprise on Sunday when I was called out by my Branch President before we started classes. He released me from my calling as the music coordinator and I am now the District Leader. I don't respectfully know exactly what I should be doing beyond keeping everyone on task and being an example, but hey, I was called and I accepted. Now, I still have to play the piano at meetings though, I am the only one left in our entire branch that is capable of sight-reading music so while I don't decide what music we play on Sunday, I still am the one who has to play it. Our classes with Brother Lund and Brother Clark are going fine. We are spending more time now on how to make our lessons better than on what lessons we teach or what order they go in.

 We also had our language evaluations on Wednesday morning, which was frankly a little easy in my opinion, but I also have to take into account that my companion and a few other elders don't have any language experience so esta bien. We have begun playing a game in our district we call El Nativo, which is just a contest to see who can use the most Spanish throughout the day. We then vote on who we think was the 'Nativo' and the winner with the most points by Sunday will receive a $10 card to DP Cheese-steaks, which is an awesome place that serves only one food, which I am sure cannot be guessed from its name. We otherwise spend our time preparing lessons, working on the language, or studying the scriptures/doctrine.

 I am doing well here. I enjoy the peace and the simplicity here. I do miss my computer and being able to play the piano whenever, but I am not having any real withdrawals from it so I assume that it was closer to my hobby than an addiction at this point. That is my story, I am sticking to it. I am also almost over having Bronchitis I think. Idk, I was coughing a lot and it definitely wasn't any cold/flu I have had before. It also doesn't help that I need to drink A LOT of water here because of how dry it is. I drink a bottle of water before I go to bed every night so my throat can stay moist and it never seems to work that way. But I am almost over it, a few coughs every now and then.

 I am starting to see now how important it is for members to be a part of the conversion process and any help we receive is appreciated. Also, take some vanilla ice-cream, mix in crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips and you have amazingness. just saying. Good luck to Bryce, I hope he does well in his competition. Also, thank you for the gifts and the letters, they mean a lot here. Though I will say that I have more food/drinks then I believe I can eat in the time I have left. Thank you to Lana and Lizzie for the Rootbeer and goodies. I was having such a craving for it. Will post again next week.
CHRISTMAS AT THE MTC.

FLOWER
MISSIONARY PIC


LOTS OF ROOTBEER!  THANK YOU!


FALL IN THE MOUNTAINS
I HAVE PLENTY OF FOOD.  I'VE GAINED 5 LBS


PROVO TEMPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment