Sunday, May 17, 2015

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOMS!

I had a good birthday.  We had some cake with one of the families so that was all I really needed.  I liked the family birthday video, especially moms "use" of the Spanish language at the end! :p  I like the videos from home, send more.  Thanks for the birthday wishes!  











WE have a lot of nice views here.















 MISSIONARY QUESTION AND ANSWER:  


1.  Are there street vendors in your area? Do they offer good food? Do you snack during the day between lessons?   Street vendors?  There are a ton of them.  Mostly it's tacos or candy but some offer garbage bags or other household products.  I try not to snack during the day, I eat enough at lunch that I don''t need the extra food, though I drink a lot of water.




2. How much do you work on retention in your area? Are there a lot of less active members?
We try and do a little work on retention but its really not something we can do much of. Retention and reactivation is really the work of the members who can be there all the time helping them. We get changed too much to do more than remind them and we can't work that hard with them since we need to be searching for new people to teach.  But we try with 2-3 families every week for about 2-3 weeks to see what happens.

3.  How often do you do your laundry?  Where do you do it at?  Do you throw everything in with your comp or separate?  How much does it cost and do you dry everything or line dry it?  Well, I do laundry every monday or every P-day, so weekly...  I do it at the house here, we have a washing machine in the house.  I throw everything in serperately from my comp and by color, I dont want to try and seperate our clothes, that takes too long.  It costs nothing and we dry everything on the line, its around 90 degrees everyday now, it all dries really fast.  
PLAYFUL DOG













4.  What do most of the people do there for work?  As for the people, they do a lot of things.  Much like at home but where I'm at now it is mostly  taxi drivers, mechanics, painters, construction, or factory workers.  

PAINTING LANTERNS FOR A CHINESE RESTAURANT
We had a full week as well, we taught around 25 lessons this week and found at least 11 new people to teach so our efforts are being blessed.  We are going to begin trying to invite everyone to baptism this week and see how that helps us but it will be a strong week I think. Transfers aren't until May 27 or so, I will very likely be staying when that happens as my companion has 4 changes here now so he will be transferred, I will have 1-2 changes here to help the new guys adjust, and then I will move on to the next area.   We are always looking to do service for the community but some parts of the community don't want to change and others don't want the help.  But we will keep trying to make it a better place.

P.S.  Happy Birthday to my twin, Justin.  (I am the better looking one.)  Happy Birthday to my Mema and Papa.  Also, to my cousins:  Denise, Alison, and Cody.  

No comments:

Post a Comment